Brantford Community Hockey League is excited to announce that we will be running a new program, "TAKE A SHOT" Hockey, starting October/2023.
What is Take a Shot Hockey?
Take A Shot provides barrier free entry and no cost sport opportunities to those who are underserved, from marginalized communities. We serve individuals or groups who may really want to play but require a legitimate chance at participation, where typical or traditional hockey programming may not be able to adequately provide a realistic initial entry point, and ongoing accommodation to these individuals.
Take A Shot is a first step gateway program that aims to graduate participants (children, parents and adult caregivers) into traditional minor hockey programming such as in House League or Recreational Levels and into adult Activity Leader roles (Coaches / Team Trainers / Team Managers).
- Provides free access, free opportunity and free equipment outfitting for children ages 8 to 12 years old.
- Educate adult caregivers in sport activity leadership, creating useable skills and a realistic frames of reference.
- Create a gateway or step up to traditional minor hockey programs for those needing help to feel more competent with skill sets and confidence in their ability to play and lead.
- Easy transition into regular recreational programming with prorated fee, should you want to continue to play once initial program is over.
HOW DOES THE PROGRAM WORK?
- This is a FREE 10 week / 20 practice session program that will have 2 on-ice practices per week.
- The 2023 Take A Shot Hockey Fall Program will begin in October and run until mid- December. Our Winter session runs from January until March/2024.
- Ice times are Monday evenings at 5 pm and Saturday mornings at 9 am.
- ***THIS PROGRAM IS ONLY FOR PARTICIPANTS WHO HAVE NEVER PLAYED HOCKEY***
- Each Take A Shot Hockey Program is limited to 25 participants who are between 8 years and 12 years old in 2023.
- Hockey equipment will be supplied for participants who require it. All participants requiring equipment must attend an equipment fitting session prior to the first ice session.
- If you would like your child, or a child in your care, to participate in the Take A Shot Hockey Program, please fill out the form below. Before you are approved for the program, you will be contacted by phone to confirm your registration details. Registration information is collected as proof of player participation and used only for the purpose of player registration and insurance.
- If you have any questions or need help filling out the registration form, please email us at [email protected]