BCHL IS PROUD TO PARTNER WITH TAKE A SHOT SPORTS TO OFFER THIS NEW, BARRIER FREE, NO COST, LEARN TO SKATE/LEARN TO PLAY HOCKEY PROGRAM FOR UNDERSERVED AND MARGINALIZED YOUTH BETWEEN AGES 8 - 12 YEARS OLD.
TAKE A SHOT BCHL Hockey Program Information:
This is a FREE Learn to Play hockey program for youth who are between 8 and 12 years old in 2024 and are new first-time players to the game of Hockey.
- All necessary hockey equipment is supplied for those who qualify (*see below).
- DATES & TIMES: Program runs 2 hours per week for 10 weeks
- Mondays 5 pm to 6 pm and Saturdays 8am-9am
: Fall 2024 session start dates are TBA
: Winter session runs from Jan to March
: Program is capped at 25 players.
- ARENA: Ice times are at the Brantford and District Civic Centre or Lions Park Arena. These arenas are on the City of Brantford Bus route.
- If you require equipment, you will need to attend an equipment fitting session prior to the first on-ice practice. Dates/ time/location to be announced in September.
- Each child registered in this program will be registered and insured as a Hockey Canada participant and a member of Brantford Community Hockey League (BCHL).
- As part of each child’s registration, one parent/guardian per household will be required to complete the Respect In Sport for Parents on-line course. BCHL will supply access to this course for free – a coupon code will be sent to each registered family once the child is officially registered.
*PLEASE NOTE: This is a FREE (no cost to participant) Learn to Play program for youth who are underserved, from marginalized situations or communities, for those entitled to reconciliation and/or for those with realistic financial barriers. If you are financially able to pay registration fees, or if your child is 7 years of age or under, please proceed to our regular House League registration page to register your child for hockey.
TAKE A SHOT HOCKEY REGISTRATION INFORMATION
Please click on the link below to begin the registration for your child(ren). There must be a separate registration made for each child. Follow us on INSTAGRAM @takeashotbchl
Register now for our for Fall or Winter 2024/2025 sessions of
Take A Shot Hockey BCHL HERE
or CLICK HERE to download registration form
For more information, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org
Take A Shot BCHL Committee
Thank you to our sponsors!
Their generosity and support of Brantford Community Hockey League have made it possible for us to bring this program to the youth in our community!